Saturday, January 16, 2010

De aangevraagde waarde LINKS is niet gevonden

Like most developers I tend to use only english versions of software (win 7, visual studio, office, etc). My clients however tend to use software in their native language.  Now this shouldn’t be a problem, as we know how to develop localized applications.

Imagine my surprise however, when one of my clients can up with the following error message..

image

To make things worse, I couldn’t for the life of me reproduce this bug..

So, after some hours of hitting my head against the wall, it seems the error is basically a bug in the Dutch version of Vista SP 1.

For anyone who runs into this, please download the hotfix from

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/KB974373/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=3230

No comments:

Post a Comment